Why did people use to search a lot about on-page SEO, if when they want to rank a website page high in search engine results?
People, who are in digital marketing field like to hear more about On-page SEO, why?
Is that On-page SEO plays much important in Website search results rank?
On-page SEO is the first and compulsory step to rank a web page in search results.
Before going to know why On-page SEO important in search engine results.Let’s see ” What is On-page SEO?”
On-page SEO is simply defined as a process of writing and arranging data such text, images, anchors, media elements on the web page according to search engine algorithm rule.
It is compulsory to do On-page SEO to rank high in search results.
On-page SEO techniques are a special way of following search engine rules to rank well in search engine results with respect to competitors.
For example, Let’s take the first rule:
It is good to insert keywords in page title or post title to the content.
Normally beginner will insert the keyword in the title by following SEO rules, but digital marketing experts will insert keywords at the special position in the post or page title by doing an experiment on different keyword places in the page or post title.
One of special On-page SEO techniques applied by some of the internet marketing experts for the first rule is
It is better to insert the keywords in page title or post title in ascending order of preference keyword.
Format: Primary keyword >>secondary keyword
Example: On-page SEO: Must and Should On-page SEO techniques to rank high in search engine results.
Let’s dig deep into the topic
On-Page SEO: Must and Should SEO techniques to Rank High in Search Results[ Important]
A title tag is simply as HTML tag which used to define the name of the web page.
Title tags are used to tell the search engine and user What a web page is all about?
If the page or post title is On-page SEO, it represents web page contains subject about On-page SEO in search results.
Optimal specifics to defined Title tag of a page or post:
- Optimal Title tag contains character count lies between (50-60) characters.
- Title tag must be relevant to the content of the web page.
- Title tag must contain the primary keyword and secondary keyword.
Title tag stands in the first position on On-page SEO techniques become Google checks page title first while filtering pages according to the search query.
There are many more techniques to apply on page title. I like to discuss them in a separate article as Magic of Title tag optimization.
Meta Keyword is defined as a tag which is used to write keywords of the content of the web page.
Keywords are search query focused words which are used by search engine to identify the content of the web page without check whole web page.
Search engines check meta keywords after checking page title.
Tips to optimize Keywords of the web page:
- Keywords must be search engine query focused and relevant to the content.
- Keywords phrases must be less than equal to 10 keyword phrases.
- Long tail keywords will help better than main keywords to rank quickly.
Many search engines stopped giving importance to short keywords.So, it is better focused on long tail keywords.
Ex: Best phone is short keyword related to phone search query,
Best smartphone in July 2017 is long tail keyword related to phone search query.
A Meta Description has defined a tag which used to write about the description of the web page content which is used to tell about the content on the web page to search engine and users.
Search engine checks meta description after checking keywords of the web page.
Meta description takes third place in on-page SEO checklist because search engine checks meta description after meta keywords while filtering web page content according to the search query.
The following tips will help you to optimize Meta-description:
- Meta description character length must less than 160 characters.
- Meta description must contain primary and secondary keywords along with other keywords but not keyword stuffed
Ex: Hotel Mayuri is the top hotel in Hyderabad which is named as Best hotel for number one facilities.
Keyword stuffing means inserting more keywords in the description.
Ex: Top best topmost hotel in Hyderabad which is named as the best top most and top best hotel.
Heading tags are defined as HTML elements which are used to separate the topic name from topic description paragraph.
It is good to write an article with headings and paragraphs which increase readability to help audiences to get an idea about the article at brief look.
Uses of Headings:
- Headings help to increase readability of the article.
- It helps to attract an audience.
- Headings help a lot to explain things better.
Tips to optimize headings tags:
- Don’t overuse heading tags. it is good to use one H1, two H2 and then use rest of tags according to your need per page.
- H1, H2 must contain primary or secondary keywords to rank well.
- Arrange Heading order in hierarchy form like as shown below.
- Headings must be keyword focused and interesting.
So, give more attention while writing headings to make your article to side out.
An image can communicate more effectively than a word.
No readers have time to read the whole article word for word. 97 percent of visitors read an article by skimming through Headings and images.
Readers like an article with more images and fewer words than articles with more words.So it is must and should to use the image to communicate matters briefly to attract visitors and to rise as Brand online.
Image optimization also helps Search engine to find content relevance between image and content.
Images help to bring organic traffic to the web page from image search engines.
Let’s see How to optimize the image to become an Online Brand:
Tips to optimize image:
- Find the accurate image relative to the content of the page.
- Write keywords as the name of the image files instead of text and numbers in image file name.
- Write a keyword based description without keyword stuffing to describe the image which helps search to different content describing images and images used as navigation link in a web page.
- Add a relevant caption to the image.
Image SEO is to create the better user experience and to help search engine to identify a web page with high-quality content.
#6.Anchor Text Optimization:
Anchor text optimization plays an important in On-page SEO which helps a lot in improving search engine page rank.
Let’s see What is an Anchor text and role of anchor text in improving Search engine page rank.
What is An Anchor text?
An Anchor text is simply defined as text links to the other pages or locations of a website or another website.
Anchor text helps users to navigate through the content.To define simply Anchor text is called as a clickable link.
Ex: Here I am giving a link to the Wikipedia page which helps readers to know about Anchor text.
Format to create an anchor text:
<a hef=”address of page” >Anchor text name</a>.
Example:<a href=”www.w3techtor.com“>On-page SEO</a>.
The role of Anchor text in improving Page Rank:
- Anchor text is important to build trust from the search engine.
- Anchor text helps search engine to navigate and index content of the website clearly.
- Anchor Text helps to build domain and page authority which improve page rank.
- Backlinks are the backbone to the page rank.
Correct usage of the anchor text helps to improve the page rank otherwise, you are going to penalized by search engines.
Let’s see How to optimize anchor text.
Tips to optimize anchor text:
- Write alt text to the anchor text like <a hef=”www.Samplelink.com”. alt=”reference-article”>Reference site</a>.
- Use at least one internal link to the other page of your web page which helps users and search engine to understand the web page.
- Give at least one external link to the high domain authority sites which are relevant to your page content.
- Use rel=”no follow” while giving external link to untrusted sites with one excellent article.
- Use descriptive keyword as Anchor text to give clarity about the link to the user.
The above-mentioned tips are basic anchor text optimization tips, there are so many other tips to optimize the anchor text if you go deep into details.
Simply URL is defined as the address of the web page over the internet.
Every website on the internet need a specific URL to help search engine and user to find the website.
Ok, every website has URL then What is the format of URL?
www.examplesite.com is format of domain name with different extension like .me,.shop etc
URL’s are classified into two types according to it formats.They are
- Unstructured URL
- Structured URL
Let’s see Why they classified as mentioned above:
As it name represents unstructured URL is an URL which is not arranged or formatted properly without having proper direction or indication.
Structured URL is an URL which is formatted properly in a human readable format.
Ex: For suppose you are searching for the web page about On-page SEO techniques and you find a link as shown below.
For On-page SEO techniques Click here:www.Examplesite.com/post-id=1233?#32112.
What is your reaction?
I think definitely you will have a little doubt whether this Link gives the content for which you are searching.and URL is not properly indicating the direction where it is available.
This type of URL will create confusion for Visitors and Search engine robots while finding content on the website.With the introduction of SEO created a need for the structured format of URL (SEO friendly URL) with User readability and search engine navigatable.
Let’s see How to Optimize URL
Tips to Optimize URL:
- URL should be clear and simple.
- URL must be keyword focused and human readable.
- Don’t Use other characters other than hyphen(“-“) to represent space in URL.
Wrong:www.w3techtor.com/On_page_SEO or www.w3techtor.com/On+page+SEO
These tips help to keep your URL SEO friendly and user readable.The next one is
#8.Site Map Submission:
Before discussing Site map submission. I want to ask you one question.
How it looks like if anyone didn’t submit the answer sheet after answering all question perfectly and with the good presentation?
I think you will ask
“Who is that stupid ?”
Same thing happening in the case of sitemap submission.Designing and developing a website with great content never gives you good page rank result. You need to submit your website to the search engine robots to index and improve your website rank.
Sitemap submission helps search engine robots to index your website.
It is must and should to submit sitemap regularly to keep and know different types of errors in the website.
I hope you would enjoy this article a lot and hope this article helps you to succeed in your online career.
Share this article if you find this is useful to your friends and let me know your opinion and other must and should On-page techniques which I missed in this article in the comment section.
See you then in another article, another time.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.